What happens after the leak?
Over flowed toilets, sprinkler systems and broken pipes can all be culprits in water damage to your home. When water issues in your home go undetected or ignored it can lead to major issues and large bills. Water has away of getting in all those little tiny places and can be easily over looked. The average cost on a water is between 1,000 to 4,000. This is not including any construction to get your house back to its original state.
A few things to keep in mind
- The longer your water damage goes unnoticed with, the more likely you are to have a mold issue.
- If your furnishings are not dried out properly and in a timely manner they also have a high chance of mold.
- The length of time the water sits can greatly affect the restoration costs.
- How much water was involved in the loss
- What kind of water was involved, clean water contains little to no contaminates, grey water contains significant amounts of contaminates, black water is extremely contaminated.
Water damage can’t always be avoided, but with the proper equipment and knowledge it can be cleaned up “Like it never even happened.” If you find yourself with a water emergency don’t forget your favorite crew, SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West is here to help 7 days a week, 24 hours a day you can reach us at 253-896-3000.