Preparing for a storn!
Here in the Pacific Northwest, we’re not shy to the exotic range of weather, especially here in Washington. That includes storms. Storms can happen at most parts of the year. We’d like to help you be a little more prepared in case you do find yourself in the middle of one. Here some ways to keep your home more protected:
- Keep rain gear, water-repellent clothing and extra warm clothing handy at home, at work and in your vehicle to use in an emergency.
- Be prepared for your power to shut off (use flashlights and back up battery packs for things like your cell phone. Avoid candles, oil lamps or anything with an open flame.)
- Clear your yard of things that could blow away.
- Stock up on water (You can save old containers such as milk & Juice cartons and use them for storing water)
- Stock up on canned goods, and things like granola bars
Other things you should watch out for or things to be cautious of:
- Pay attention to access point where water could easily seep into your home.
- Keep a close eye on local & National alerts.
If you find your home has been a victim of flooding or water damage from a storm, be sure to call your friends here at SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood so we can get your home back to normal.