Spring Cleaning Tips
Spring is here! It’s time to start cleaning out the closets and cleaning those hard to reach areas we look over throughout the year. Here are a few tips to get you started and to stay focused during your spring cleaning.
- Always start from the top- as you clean higher items, like ceiling fan blades and top shelves on bookcases, you’ll knock down dust to a lower level. Cleaning from the top down will prevent soiling areas you have already cleaned.
- Stay focused on the task at hand- when cleaning out a closet or drawer, it’s easy to get drawn in by old photo albums and keepsakes. Set aside time for the fond memories later; you’re on a mission!
- Don’t be a pack rat- You don’t want to throw away precious keepsakes but try to limit junk laying around your home or office. If you haven’t used it in a year or two, throw it out!
- Hit the hidden areas. We all avoid the dreaded hidden areas in our homes, but now is the time to face the dust bunnies!
- Tackle the big projects first. It happens every year, we start with the best intensions to scrub our homes from top to bottom, but somewhere in the middle we run out of steam. Tackle the biggest projects first or you may never get to them.
- Yard sale time! Don’t just chuck your unwanted items. Put them up for sale; you may be surprised to see what could bring in a few bucks.
If you find yourself overwhelmed, call the cleanup team that’s faster to any size disaster- SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West at 253-896-3000