Immediate actions you can take until SERVPRO arrives to your water damage
As everyone knows, one of the first steps in solving your water damage, whether at home or at work, is calling SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West at (253)-896-3000! While there are some things that only SERVPRO can do, there are a few things that you can do to help out until the restoration experts show up to help you out. Some of these things are:
- Shut off the water source. If you're reading this because you have a water loss, chances are tyou have already done this, it is the action that comes most naturally to most people, and serves as a very logical first step in stopping the water damage from spreading and creating a bigger issue.
- Shut off electricity. This is not necessary in the whole building, but shutting of electricity in the area of the water damage can help lower the risk of both fires, and electrocution, as well as protecting the electrical system.
- Remove excess water from floors, furniture, wood surfaces
- Prop up any cushions and upholstery, in order to promote even drying
- Use plastic, wood, or tin foil to separate the legs of furniture, tables, and chairs from wet carpet and flooring
- Remove all sensitive material such as electronics, valuable paintings, or important documents to a dry, safe area away from the water
- Call SERVPRO of UP/LW and we will show you why we are faster to any size disaster!